Terms & Conditions
WOODVALE TAVERN AND RECEPTION CENTRE TERMS & CONDITIONS
- No liquor to be supplied to minors. Both minor and supplier could be evicted from the venue and may receive a fine.
- No liquor to be supplied to patrons who have been identified as intoxicated.
- No abusive or disorderly conduct will be tolerated.
- Intoxicated patrons may be asked to leave premises.
- Management reserves the right to stop serving jugs, pints, shots, cocktails and bottles of wine if misuse or intoxication occurs.
- Guest will receive a “last call” invitation from the Bar staff at the end of the night. All guests will have to leave 15 minutes after closure of the bar. All alcohol must be finished by then, or will have to be confiscated by staff and security in order to avoid heavy liquor licensing fines.
- Only re-sealed bottles of left over wine may be removed from the premise.
- No left over food can be taken home in accordance with the Health Regulation Act.
- Appropriate shoes must be worn at all times as stipulated in the Health and Safety Act.
- No drinks are permitted on the dance floor.
- No alcohol, given as gifts or prizes, can be opened in the venue and needs to be stored behind the bar.
- No yard glasses, beer bongs or jelly shots allowed on the premises.
- Anyone found in possession of, or consuming, alcohol purchased outside of the function centre will be immediately evicted.
- All outstanding payments must be made before leaving.
- Any damage to property including (but not limited to) linen, carpets, fixtures and fittings will result in replacement of the property at the expense of the host. Credit card details or a cash bond must be left before commencement of any function. You will be notified within 48 hours of any damage. Cash bonds can be collected 48 hours after a function if no deductions apply.
The Moon Reception Centre reserves the right to switch bookings between rooms of comparable standards if necessary. However, every effort will be made to provide space as originally booked.
No date or booking is confirmed until full room hire has been paid and event confirmation form is completed and returned to the functions manager.
Minimum Numbers and Purchases
Minimum numbers and spends for catering and beverages apply. Please refer to your personalised event confirmation.
The Moon Reception Centre reserves the right to increase quoted rates and prices, to reflect any CPI increase or cost of labour and commodities. Menu content, prices & minimum spends are subject to change without notice.
Any functions taking place on a Sunday will incur a 15% surcharge. Functions taking place on a Public Holiday will incur a 25% surcharge.
It is the responsibility of the client to get in touch with the functions department no later than two weeks before the event to organise final details and payments. If we do not hear from you within 2 weeks of the event, we reserve the right to cancel the booking.
Final numbers and payment is required two weeks prior to the function. Any addition to guest numbers within the two weeks prior to any function must be paid for immediately. Any reduction in guest numbers within the two weeks prior to any function will not be refunded. Please note that payments made by Diners or Amex will incur a 4% surcharge.
Any cancellations must be made in writing. Cancellations made at least 6 months prior to the function will have the room hire refunded, minus an administration fee of $150. Any cancellations made after this time will forfeit the room hire. Functions cancelled less than four weeks prior will be required to pay for any foods, personnel or equipment ordered. Functions booked within six months of the event date are not eligible for any room hire refunds.
We recommend that you hire a Juke Box, DJ or high quality speakers to play your music through. Our in ceiling speakers were not installed with the purpose of playing party music from laptops and, as such, the quality is not sufficient for this use. Any customer choosing to play their event music through these speakers is therefore subject to sub-standard sound quality.
Any decorations being brought in by the client must be authorised by the functions manager.
18TH AND 21ST BIRTHDAYS
• A minimum of 2 security guards must be hired for the duration of the event at cost to the host
• We must be notified of the number of minors attending your event
• Each minor must be accompanied by a parent or guardian
• Any guest not attending with a guardian (therefore claiming to be over 18) must bring a valid form of identification
• Any person found drinking alcohol without ID will be immediately evicted from the premises, with no warnings
We reserve to right to close down any event in the case of inappropriate behaviour of guests